Prospective transfer students are encouraged to take the appropriate courses at their current institution that will be beneficial toward a University of Maryland (UMD) degree. Consider using these resources to guide your planning process:
- Find the UMD equivalents to your current and completed courses using the Transfer Course Database
- Download the degree requirements and four year plans for your intended UMD major.
- Research different major options if you are undecided or still considering multiple interests
- Identify your remaining general education and major requirements.
- Review the undergraduate catalog for course sequences and prerequisites.
- Create an academic plan that outlines your remaining courses in a semester-by-semester format. If admitted, all students will work with an assigned academic advisor during their first semester on campus to complete an academic plan for graduation.
- Explore potential career or graduate school options, and make sure the courses, majors, and institutions you are considering are appropriate given your skills, interests and abilities.